Donation

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Donation

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Dear Esteemed PyroGear Contributors,
as you know this forum is kindly provided free of charge by myself and there is a lot of work and research that goes on behind the scenes, largely supported by the hard work of a small team and the research that is undertaken by that committee. The fruits of these endeavors have, fortunately, led to some useful new discoveries - both for pyrotechnics in the UK and further afield. We aim to continue doing this and we hope to open new channels for equipment, tooling, chemicals, testing and discussion for all members to really give the hobby pyrotechnics community in the UK the kick it so badly needs.
There is always a downside and the renewed attention unfortunately comes with additional costs, both in terms of hosting the forum and for further development. As a not-for-profit group we are hoping you might consider offering a small contribution in some way to keep this going. All donations, no matter how large or small, and at any time would be very gratefully received and can be made Through PayPal to Sales@pyro-gear.co.uk. Funds will be used solely for the development of PyroGear.
Thank you kindly,
PyroGear.
sambo

Re: Donation

Post by sambo »

First donation made. Thank you for the providing this for us all !
davidg

Post by davidg »

A heartfelt thanks from me as well. A small donation sent.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Thank you Dave you have supported the forum from day one and I appreciate the donation.
sparky

Post by sparky »

Hi

I know exactly how it feels to run a forum and website etc so a donation is on its way.

Just from experience I found it helped to give people an idea what the running costs were and what you needed to raise to fund it. It certainly helps motivate people when they see there is a chance that the thing they get so much value from is under threat!

I've sent £5 but I've no clue if that helps much or what you need to operate. It might be nice to have a monthly target etc, I certainly don't think anyone should make a loss to keep this going. I love the idea of a collective of pyro enthusiasts that can all share their resources and expertise in a cooperative like this. I actually think it is this type of thinking that will allow the hobby to survive the ever increasing burden of legislature.

Cheers

Sparky
Cheers

Sparky
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

sparky wrote:Hi

I love the idea of a collective of pyro enthusiasts that can all share their resources and expertise in a cooperative like this. I actually think it is this type of thinking that will allow the hobby to survive the ever increasing burden of legislature.

Cheers

Sparky
Thank you for the donation Sparky.

When we had to close Oliver Brown I had a gut feeling that our hobby would just fade away that’s why I created Pyro-Gear in the hope I could give people back some inspiration, and it seems to be working.

Running the site is not that expensive but very time consuming, the cooperative side of things works very well group buys are a great opportunity to purchase items well under list price that you would normally find in the UK.
SwedishParaCordNut

Post by SwedishParaCordNut »

Thanks for running a forum that is full of great information aswell as great members! A small donation is made.
(sorry for my bad english, I´m from Sweden)
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Thank you very much :)
matt_t

Post by matt_t »

Thanks for allowing me to advertise my second hand stuff on here, I've donated 10% of my first sale. Cheers!
Matt
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Thank you Matt ;)
Andibates

Post by Andibates »

for those of you purchase from pyro-gear on a regular basis
we can help support the comunity at no cost to ourselves by sending the payment through paypal as a gift the money that is saved in paypal charges tho its a small %
could be used to help support the comunity

its just an idea
Pyrotechnician If you see me running TRY and keep UP !!
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

Donation made.

With hosting fees due to be paid in the next week or two, I just wanted to do my bit to keep the forum thriving.
Even when I'm wrong, I'm convincing.
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

I saw what you did 'elsewhere', as well. BRAVO!

I'm comparatively 'flush' right now, so I kicked in a little, too. "Long live Pyro-Gear", as well!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

I reckoned it was about time I paid a little back for all the help, advice and support I've received from the community and, in particular, the members on this site. Thanks guys.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Lloyd just wondering where you kicked it to buddy, if it shows unclaimed you may have got the wrong PayPal address. :(

Big thanks to all the people that have donated to date I can’t thank you enough regards, Ken.
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Hmmm.... it did kick it back! Give me the correct PP addy, please.

Lloyd
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Try this one Lloyd sarahsdaddy@hotmail.co.uk sometimes the Pyro-Gear.co.uk has problems regards Ken.
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

I sent ya a little something a few days ago Ken, did it make it's way threw bianary land intact?
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Ok, we'll see.

I 'upped the ante' a little, for the screwup! <grin>

Lloyd
sambo

Post by sambo »

You will certainly get a donation from me again guys but I'm really sorry it won't be just yet I'm all sunk into building this site. 2m high bunds going up as we speak !
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

Sam, with the cost of what you are currently doing, and given it's potential benefit to the rest of us, nobody would dream of expecting you to make a donation right now.

Lloyd, thanks for your donation.

Bradley, from what I have heard, your recent, generous 'little something' arrived safely.

Hats off to all three of you!
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Boophoenix wrote:I sent ya a little something a few days ago Ken, did it make it's way threw bianary land intact?
That was not a little donation Brad! Also just to let you know I am working on the mills and will drop you an E mail later.
Thanks for your support Brad.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Many thanks to Lloyd for your donation, I will look forward to 2018, Richard thank you for your support and donation, I think we did well for the cheap seats and if you look at what has been achieved to date ah not so cheap are we.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

sambo wrote:You will certainly get a donation from me again guys but I'm really sorry it won't be just yet I'm all sunk into building this site. 2m high bunds going up as we speak !
Well done that man, I am just thinking about how you could get some payback on this, maybe a kick starter project, if you get this manufacturing facility up and running well I have a few thoughts on the subject.
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

Cool beans Ken! Hope it helped out.
sambo

Post by sambo »

Pyro-Gear wrote:
sambo wrote:You will certainly get a donation from me again guys but I'm really sorry it won't be just yet I'm all sunk into building this site. 2m high bunds going up as we speak !
Well done that man, I am just thinking about how you could get some payback on this, maybe a kick starter project, if you get his manufacturing facility up and running well I have a few thoughts on the subject.
Yep, you and I should definitely talk Ken, sorry I haven't picked up the phone. I will. I'll post some pics when I get around to it. This years shoot could be epic.
davidg

Post by davidg »

Sent a small donation. Keep up all the good work.
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

Sambo, better be some big stuff if we're gonna see it on this side of the pond. Ya might can get me over to see it, but Lloyd can't skip over the pond :-(

That puts us back to huge again, lol
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

davidg wrote:Sent a small donation. Keep up all the good work.
Thank you Dave, good to see you back on the forum. ;)
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Thank you Biffo for your donation, looking forward to 2018.
Rob.L.

Post by Rob.L. »

Thats the spirit Ken,

Forums cost money to run and Pyrogear should be striding along not limping because of money issues or you worrying in the background.

Will be sending something after finishing this post. Have been busy with work but will be back experimenting again shortly.

Well done for providing such a cool forum for us all to use.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Thank you for the donation Rob, and thanks for the big up regarding the forum, it has been a hard slog at times but I think we are getting there.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

We are 5 years old as a forum, the wolves are at the door but I will cover it, let’s keep the input going and look to the future, thanks for all your help and donations.
Special thanks to (in no particular order) Brad Richard and the Guru of pyro Lloyd well-done guys.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Sorry for the downtime it was a tough call for myself but we are up and running now.
Donations to the forum have been virtually none existent, however, I would like to say thanks to Brad Lloyd Dave G and Richard for your support you guys made it happen for the year 2018-2019 thank you all.
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

I would like to take this opportunity to express my appreciation and gratitude to those of you who have recently made a donation.

Earlier today I had a phone call from Ken, who was clearly overwhelmed by the totally unexpected expression of support that you have given to the forum. Despite the fact that his last post was not a direct request for support, your response has far exceeded the wildest of his and my expectations. I don't know who you are, but thank you very much.

As far as I understand, the recent outage was a result of a misunderstanding (not particularly on our side of the fence) about what, and how much, was owed to whom. The issue now appears to be resolved, so it looks as though we are back in business for at least another year.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

I would like to say a massive thanks to Dave G for his support to the forum, I am humbled thank you Dave your donation will be used to forward our community.