Girandola.

Here you can ask for advice, or even just post your favorite compositions + methods!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Girandola.

Post by Pyro-Gear »

I have just got hold of some Girandola frames from Gamon plastics in Italy there around 400 mm in diameter and have tie points for 4 drivers, I was aiming to use 110mm X 15mm drivers.

Here is the question do you guys know of a good propellant? I need to get this right and I don’t have time to experiment.
Lloyd

Re: Girandola.

Post by Lloyd »

Ken,
I use end-burner straight BP drivers (but usually more than 4). If you have contact with Ned Gorski, ask him. He's demonstrated some really startling girandoli at our FPAG festivals.

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Ah I forgot to say Lloyd the spokes are 30mm wide and are angled to create lift so once the thing is spinning it will get in the air fairly easy with 4 drivers.

I did think about straight end burner fuel with a little TI, the only tool I have made for that size tube for end burner’s has a 4mm nozzle, looks like I better press one and see what the duration is like but I have a feeling for effect 4mm could be a little small?
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Eh... that's CLOSE to a 30% aperture in a 15mm i.d. tube. You might have to 'tame' the mix some, but not likely much.

LLoyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

30% is close enough :D the end burner tooling I made runs real hot BP and when the buggers fly all you see is a red/gold exhaust emission and a nice hiss.

I can see a complete rethink and some aluminium cutting looming up. :roll: