Interesting pyro happenings

Here you can ask for advice, or even just post your favorite compositions + methods!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Boophoenix

Interesting pyro happenings

Post by Boophoenix »

I'm curious if anyone else has any interesting videos of pictures they'd like to share of interesting things that happened out of the norm.

This was a little shoot I did at a friends earlier in the year. It came up in a recent conversation and seems like an interesting idea for a thread.

Don't mind the commentary some of the questions and comments are from a friend who doesn't know much about pyro.

The details of the setup

Consumer fireworks are sitting on a utility trailer ruffly scripted setup on the fly using a Cobra firing system. Two 4 to 5 gallon 6" mortar tubes are setting to each side of the trailer with a center to center spacing of around 20 feet ( 6m ).

In the hustle of to many events that week and trying to get things finished cue order got twisted somewhere and the fireballs fired out of sequence from where they should have. It's kind of cool they did though it was interesting seeing the forces a toroidal vortex can introduce on stars as they travel from the break.

http://youtu.be/-QjjlGKx11M
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Re: Interesting pyro happenings

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Boo I like it! You seem to be pretty up to the mark on this subject of fireballs could you post up something in the members section about construction? I have some basic knowledge on the subject but lack in experience.
Locky Smith

Post by Locky Smith »

Same as above please Boo, our friends in Malta recently asked for ideas on coloured fireballs.
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Having tagged-along while Boo set up some fireball effects at one of our Florida meets -- Yeah... I'll say he's "pretty up on it".

These are his 'pet' effect, and he's refined them to his tastes. The audience sure love 'em!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Let’s get the ball rolling guy’s looking forward to this!