Special 21 day Pyro Extravaganza

Here you can ask for advice, or even just post your favorite compositions + methods!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Paul Moulder

Special 21 day Pyro Extravaganza

Post by Paul Moulder »

am running just one Pyro holiday next year 2017.

A special 21 day holiday that takes in the best pyro events in Thailand including rocket festivals, line rat competitions and Talai launches. As always we will be spending time at my workshop building shells and shooting all kinds of pyro.

Great food, amazing fireworks and some superb trips around the country to places of interest will make this the best holiday we have organized in the past 5 years.

I already have one guy reserved his place and another couple interested. We only have 7 places available so if you want in on this you will need to book early.

Exact dates are not set in stone yet as I need to juggle dates to get in all the events we plan to visit but we are looking at beginning the holiday at the end of April.

Cost/booking conditions can be found on my website.

Partners not keen on the pyro side are most welcome, we will have activities planned for them during our building time at the workshop.

I just put together a video compilation of clips taken over the past 5 years of holidays to give an idea of what to expect.

https://youtu.be/Tj_3XUyP-0o
Boophoenix

Re: Special 21 day Pyro Extravaganza

Post by Boophoenix »

Sounds like a great time Paul.

I recent spoke to a upcoming pyro who has a work trip to your area coming up. I mentioned he should contact you for a possible meet and greet while he was over that way.
Paul Moulder

Post by Paul Moulder »

We have 3 people booked for next years holiday session so just 4 places left available.
Paul Moulder

Post by Paul Moulder »

I had Ned Gorski, Tom Dimock and Rob Hollenback book within the last week, looks like I will be in great company during next years holiday and learning as much from the very experienced participants as I can teach myself.

Just 2 places left and we are fully booked. Be great to have some Brits coming out here.

https://youtu.be/Tj_3XUyP-0o
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Dam what a line up Paul well done, that has to be a Pyro dream holiday
sambo

Post by sambo »

wow !

I'd love to come, I'd have to start saving. Maybe if you're still doing this in 2020 !
Paul Moulder

Post by Paul Moulder »

I'm 60 and the holidays take a lot of organizing and work to take care of up to 8 people for 2 or 3 weeks, I doubt I will be running these holidays for many more years to come.
Paul Moulder

Post by Paul Moulder »

After some juggling with dates and events I now have the holiday dates for 2017 fixed. I had to add an extra night to get all the events in so the holiday is now 22 night total. Here's what we have we have lined up for you.

2 May Arrival in Bangkok. Evening meal and a look around Bangkok

3rd May Trip to a Bangkok temple where they make giant line rats 1.2 mt long. I've aranged for us to learn to make a big rat 'hands on' start to finish.

4 May 3 hour road trip to my workshop in Sakgeow Province 240 km South East of Bangkok where we will spend 8 days building cylinder shells and other devices as well as visiting 2 festivals close to the workhop and having a few 1/2 day sightseing trips. 5th May there is a rocket and 'dola' event at a temple in Lalu 20kg rockets 5ft diameter dolas. 12th May another event at Wang Talang Nai temple with 100kg rockets and maybe some dolas. A few breaks from shell building include a water caving trip, trip along the scenic Cambodian border area, temple visits and the Cambodian border market.

13 -14th May A trip up north to the famous Yasathorn Rocket Festival with 300kg rockets and processions of elaborate bamboo rocket floats.

13th to 20th May Sigtseeing and a trip to the famous 'death railway' and bridge over the river Qwai. On the 19th we will set up a display of the shells and other devices we made at the workshop for a shoot night.

20th to 22nd May Vistit to Kut Wa in Kalasin Province North East Thailand to see BIG Talai..... 30 to 40 foot diameter monsters.

this was filmed at Kut Wa.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xtj4TD6M4g

22nd Night Return to Bangkok Night out for some great food in Chinatown and see Bangkok's infamous nightlife.

23rd May Personal shopping or some sightseeing around Bangkok. River trip on a long tail boat, trip to the Grand Palace or trip to the worlds biggest outdoor market at Chatuchak. Your day to do what you want.

We currently have 6 confirmed bookings with 5 of the people from Firworking forum. Just 2 places left and we are full for 2017. PM me if you would like to join us.

24th May Return flight home
Paul Moulder

Post by Paul Moulder »

Just a few weeks now till our Pyro Holiday, we are now fully booked. Been preparing everything ready for the 8 days cylinder shell building we have planned and built up a stock of over 50kg B.P burst and lift and some 100 kg of stars, cut and pumped in every size and colour. Hopefully I will have time to do some video footage of the building as well as our visits to rocket and talai festivals and will post them on here after the holiday.
We are taking reservations now for next years holiday, scheduled again in May for either 14 or 21 days. I am fast approaching retirement age now and the holidays are a lot of work and take a toll on me so I don't expect to be running them for many more years to come.
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

Hope y'all have fun Paul. Try to keep Ned and some of those other Yahoo's in line, lol