First Results

A place where you can have some friendly discussion and leave some feedback about your experience!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

First Results

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Of the four representatives from Pyro Gear in Malta last night it was agreed that the results from the display in Marsaxlokk are as follows.
First place Pyrotex UK
Second place SteyrFire Austria
Third place Brezac France
Fourth place ST Joseph Fireworks Malta
Yes Pyrotex were outstanding well done guys, more information to follow.
Tyvole

Re: First Results

Post by Tyvole »

Did anyone bring back any video of the displays?
"If you don't learn anything, what's the point?"
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Nightsun

Post by Nightsun »

Really beautiful ring pattern shells, and colours. Wonder what size they were? Great to watch.....even better to be there though.
' I regard the earth as a courageous global experiment that failed ' QUENTIN CRISP
Tyvole

Post by Tyvole »

That was superb, PG, thanks for the link. I think I've almost persuaded the other half that we should save up and go. I just need to find some kind of slide projector now, so I can show her the pics I took when I was in Malta in 1970! Is there any chance you'll be repeating the trip next year?
BTW, there are some very slowly descending red shower effects in the video. Any idea what those were? Initial thoughts were parachutes, of course, but I found it difficult to reconcile that with the spread-out cascade look...
"If you don't learn anything, what's the point?"
Arran

Post by Arran »

I'm going back next year, it was great to see the fireworks in person and meet up with Ken over a couple of Cisk's.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

The slow descending are indeed parachutes, the one thing that was made apparent to me talking to some maltase pyro’s that they refused to celebrate the 10th anniversary to the EU hence a very weak effort this year from Malta I will explain more later about that.
Next year is on the cards without doubt plus I really want to get out to the CZ this year even if for a few days.
Meeting some people from the forum in Malta was great in particular the night in Bugibba were the Maltase came in to their own, funny thing is this display was not on the official list! I think personally that within Malta there is a strong resentment to being part of the EU, I actually witnessed 3 yellow bus’s on the road and people were cheering as they went passed.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Arran wrote:I'm going back next year, it was great to see the fireworks in person and meet up with Ken over a couple of Cisk's.
How many Cisk’s Arron? LOL great meeting you and Alison.
Arran

Post by Arran »

Yeah, 1 or 2... Cheers!
Must say that Karen was lovely too.
Looking forward to next time mate...
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

The wine was good too Hic plus I am still smoking that cigar!
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

It sounds as though you all had a great time!

Oh, and the fireworks look OK, too.
Even when I'm wrong, I'm convincing.