Helicopter update.

A place where you can have some friendly discussion and leave some feedback about your experience!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Helicopter update.

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Helicopter update.
Your finished helicopter must look like the picture, the wings are shipped pre shaped, to increase the angle of attack on the wing place the wings in a steamer for a few minutes and twist to the shape as shown in the picture, note the rotation as well remember fast BP is needed with some titanium for effect.
now in the shop ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
starseeker

Re: Helicopter update.

Post by starseeker »

Are these available by there selves ,as i already have some tourbillion tooling but it would be great to have some proper wings as at the moment i use solero lolly sticks ,steam and twisted:)
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

They are lolly pop sticks I have hundreds of the things you need to get a fair twist on them but they work well, I have found .75mm PETE plastic sheet cut 20mm X 110 mm to work very well, the flex in the wing creates some dihedral on power up and the flight is near vertical, I twist the wing over a heat source.
An empty liquid washing capsule container is ideal for cutting wings but not so environmentally friendly.
jonarthur33

Post by jonarthur33 »

You got any test vids of these please I've ordered it already.
jonarthur33

Post by jonarthur33 »

jonarthur33

Post by jonarthur33 »

I must say having had my tooling for a few months. They are great fun and everyone seems to enjoy them, more than anything else.
Adam-R84

Post by Adam-R84 »

That looks like a fun little project.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

very popular with all age groups, their great fun.
Welcome to the forum.