micro star plate

A place where you can have some friendly discussion and leave some feedback about your experience!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

dave321

micro star plate

Post by dave321 »

see below a video posted on the apc forum re a micro star plate,

the same idea using silicone sheet was raised sometime ago on this forum by , i think ken (pyrogear)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... e=emb_logo
Lloyd

Re: micro star plate

Post by Lloyd »

Eh... that's a lot of stars in one plate. But from the video and the methods used, it looks a LOT slower than pressing them on a tablet press -- and on a tablet press, they come out dry and ready to prime and use!

Further, those don't look quite as small as 1/8", so I would hardly call them 'micro' stars. Yeah, they're small, but... we made a LOT of 1/16" stars for the theme parks (close-proximity mines for stage use).

I don't mean to belittle the man's work. He's obviously proficient at it. We just have different 'standards', considering what's just 'small', and what's micro, and what's efficient to make.

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

It's a cheap micro-star plate made by me and i can make 1638 pieces of stars at a time with this.

I had to laugh at that statement maybe I should start charging people to belong to the forum it seems to work elsewhere in protecting data from being stolen and used to promote the look what I did crowd.

Sure for commercial use its not effective enough to be practical but for the hobby guys its fine, I figure next on the agenda after a ton of back slapping from APC he will come up with a formula, judging by the music in the back ground he doesn’t seem to be from a country that would steal intellectual content and say I made this!

Rant over hope you guys are all safe and thanks to you all for looking after the forum for me cheers Ken.
Colour_the_sky

Post by Colour_the_sky »

Will it work to drill through two plastic boards with say 6mm and put 6mm brass rod into them or will this be too tight ? How much tolerance is ok to get a more slippery yet not too loose hole ? I can only get drills in 0.1mm difference so next size would be 6.1mm then.