Bangers

A place where you can have some friendly discussion and leave some feedback about your experience!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

biffo

Bangers

Post by biffo »

Hi those boys of a certain age will remember with fondness all of the different names and brands that were available for 1d or so,with little red caps on the fuse and waxed or oiled paper on the final wrap. Standard. Astra.Wessex .Pains .and a few more .How many names can you remember? 3 2 1 zero .little demon. Boom.mighty atom.which ones can you recall. Regards B
richardh08
Site Admin

Re: Bangers

Post by richardh08 »

Wow! That takes me back a year or two. I remember, as a kid, drooling over the fireworks - including penny bangers, in open boxes and resting on a thin layer of loose gunpowder grains - on display in the local newsagents. Little Demon and Mighty Atom ring a bell, but I don't remember any other names.

A friend and I used to use them as 'torpedoes'; we lit them and placed them in water, where they would scoot around on the surface until they exploded.
Even when I'm wrong, I'm convincing.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

I can remember them all Brock's cannon was the one to find I think it was 3p boy did they go.
rainbow, Astra, sure they were good but loved the cannon.
dave321

Post by dave321 »

i remember the standard 321 bangers, they were great :D
better than the astra bangers
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Agreed, the 321 was a good banger, I found the Astra tubes a little soft.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Another good one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
biffo

Post by biffo »

Those above are new to me I've seen the others and Brocks is one I forgot.I was shown how to make a "genie" when the things didn't go off by the older boys.We used to do penny for the guy untill ,we could afford one or two then ask the older boys to buy them.It was great fun.B
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

I think I got a few more years on you Biff here is another good banger.
pyro1

Post by pyro1 »

Many fond memories playing with bangers, Brocks Cannon was the loudest at the time, i used to have a nice collection which was stolen from a garage during renovations.
Paul.