If true, a REAL BONER!

A place where you can have some friendly discussion and leave some feedback about your experience!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Lloyd

If true, a REAL BONER!

Post by Lloyd »

According to our morning news broadcasts, and Orlando, FL company pulled a real 'boner' on the 4th.

The company, Creative Pyrotechnics, was setting up a show in the city of Apopka, FL. The show never went off.

According to the news, over 5K vehicles at $10USD per came to see the show.

Yesterday, the shooting company was reporting to news media that "rain destroyed the fireworks" (they don't COVER THEM? WE Do!)

This morning an Apopka City official said that the company told him they didn't have the right equipment to fire the show -- huh?

They didn't report the problem to anyone until 10:30PM on show night... too late to reschedule or help the folks who paid to come.

Apopka said they're "suing for unspecified damages".

WOW! If true, this story sort-of 'tops the list' for "stupid things to do on a fireworks show"!

Lloyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
sambo

Re: If true, a REAL BONER!

Post by sambo »

Thanks Lloyd, that's pretty unbelievable - where's the professional pride ?

Gotta say it though, I though "boner" had a different meaning .... :-)
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Oh, it goes on and on!

Now the news channel is reporting that they left unattended fireworks out in the open overnight, with no person(s) guarding them. Further, they had NO qualified driver to return the fireworks to their storage site. So... they just LEFT them! No guard, no protection... just unattended goods!

Man! It goes on and on. If ANY of this is true, they committed crimes! (and ATFE is investigating).

Wow!

Lloyd
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

That’s gonna leave a mark on the art for a bit in that area.
sambo

Post by sambo »

Negligent, unprofessional and careless!

Had to look it up though. I see the American definition of boner is a blunder or mistake. In the U.K. ( and it's in the dictionary ) it means an erection.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... lish/boner
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

Sambo, I believe the definition falls under the era in which the reader is from. From my era I’d lean more towards the assumption of the British dictionary. However as the reference to the above story I could also see it being a one word refrences for bonehead.

I am having a hard time not posting a video clip from the movie Varsity Blues though. Which popped into mind the instant I saw Sambo say he had to look it up.
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

Yet another example of "two nations divided by a common language". :)
Even when I'm wrong, I'm convincing.
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

That word ALSO can mean 'erection' in American English. The context is important.

Lloyd
sambo

Post by sambo »

It was the combination of the capitals and the qualifier "REAL" it just seemed to stand out ( pun intended ). Brad, please post the clip - mean you've got to now. I apologise profusely for my inability to contain my childish humour. I was invented in the 1970's so I suppose I'm techincally generation X !
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

I’m a 70’s creation myself. 71 to be more precise.

As requested. Warning video is a thesaurus of substitute names for the unintended meaning of boner

https://youtu.be/rVCPrQ1nZZE
sambo

Post by sambo »

Brad, you and I share a sense of humour of the finest quality. I dedicate, our very own British version to you :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGRPFUYUUdQ
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

:lol: :lol:

In my younger years I was quite the fan of Binny Hill. Although after reviewing some clips on YouTube I must admit I recon I’m still a fan and not currently politically correct.