UKPS

A place where you can have some friendly discussion and leave some feedback about your experience!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

davidg

UKPS

Post by davidg »

Over at the UKPS they are asking for volunteers. Seems like they need a lot of help or they will shut down.
dave321

Re: UKPS

Post by dave321 »

this forum is more active, ukps seems dead
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Got to admit they talk a lot about legal shit, from talking to a few other people they seem worried about posting on the site, mind you you can post on here for free, I was thinking about a venue for a shoot all legal an above board ……..phew that’s Wayne sorted! How about £5 parking and set up on the day?
davidg

Post by davidg »

Pyro-Gear wrote:Got to admit they talk a lot about legal shit, from talking to a few other people they seem worried about posting on the site, mind you you can post on here for free, I was thinking about a venue for a shoot all legal an above board ……..phew that’s Wayne sorted! How about £5 parking and set up on the day?
Sounds good to me!!

BTW I have decided to NOT GIVE UP ON PYRO.

SOD THE NAY-SAYERS!!!!!!
sambo

Post by sambo »

Sounds good to me!!

BTW I have decided to NOT GIVE UP ON PYRO.

SOD THE NAY-SAYERS!!!!!![/quote]

well that is great news !

sounds like you have the makings of a plan Ken ?
Mixer

Post by Mixer »

Pyro-Gear wrote:Got to admit they talk a lot about legal shit, from talking to a few other people they seem worried about posting on the site, mind you you can post on here for free, I was thinking about a venue for a shoot all legal an above board ……..phew that’s Wayne sorted! How about £5 parking and set up on the day?
That sure sounds good to me too! :D
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Actually it’s all free, food will be laid on plus drinks I expect around 250 plus people will turn up so parking will be an issue!
davidg

Post by davidg »

Back on topic: I offered to volunteer for them and suprise,surprise,no response. Well,that is them gone from my mind. A waste of time and space. So much for the urgency stated by the "chair" it seems to still be an old boys network.
Mixer

Post by Mixer »

You`re so right David - I too have offered help in the past with no response. Sadly, I think they are a lost cause!
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

I am not sure as to what the main problem is I mean it’s not like the hobby has died not by a long chalk, personally I think Rob L is committed to trying to pull back some input in to the forum but to be honest it could be a long road.

I think the cull of certain members put on moderator cue plus the infamous quote (we are legal) sort of back fired on them coz you’re not!
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

I agree that probably the most important single issue that has caused their problems is the insistence on 'getting legal'. In my opinion, there needs to be a visibly changed, more relaxed attitude on the forum, and that has to be led by the current committee members. If that happens - and I have to say that the forum does now seem to be showing some faint signs of life - I'm more than willing to apply a few gentle pushes in the right direction.

In response to the email, I sent some suggestions and, in fairness, I did get a reply. But it seems clear from that reply that the committee's priorities are elsewhere and there appears to be no way of persuading them to follow a different path.
Even when I'm wrong, I'm convincing.