Malta 2015

Share Videos and Images here!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Malta 2015

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Just a little display, check out the blue Richard! https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=475&v=HUjMLQRzyTs
dannytsg

Re: Malta 2015

Post by dannytsg »

What a cracking display that was
One day, you may wake up and not have the ability to do the things you want too. Why wait, do them today.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

well the so called expert judges said we underperformed, and the winner was https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yClGcuFVboM
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

dannytsg

Post by dannytsg »

Ken,

Have you ever consider offering pyro type holidays for enthusiasts? I've been to Malta a few times and it's a lovely place. I know there is someone on the UKPS who does something similar except they are in Thailand
One day, you may wake up and not have the ability to do the things you want too. Why wait, do them today.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Ah yes you must be on about Paul, I have set up tours before but that was a long time ago, I did set one up for this year but unfortunately the other half was hospitalised and sort of put an end to that, hopefully next year may be a little better, what makes me laugh is at the factory everything is made from recycled paper not a bit of virgin Kraft in site sort of works.
dannytsg

Post by dannytsg »

Well it is definitely something i'd love to do. Keep me in mind for your next openings.
delboy

Post by delboy »

that shell at 2.40 very nice
GMetcalf

Post by GMetcalf »

Excellent display!!! Loved the long hanging glitter!
Pyro-Gear wrote:Just a little display, check out the blue Richard!
Perchance would you be able to tell us the blue composition used? It is indeed very blue!
Pyro-Gear wrote:what makes me laugh is at the factory everything is made from recycled paper not a bit of virgin Kraft in site sort of works.
I use precious little virgin kraft myself. Tubes are rolled from wallpaper lining paper, shells are pasted using newspaper and Quickmatch is made using recycled kraft paper. It's just the final wrapping etc that I utilise virgin kraft for and that's simply so things look good in pictures!
richardh08
Site Admin

Post by richardh08 »

Unless I'm mistaken, I suspect the blue is not a million miles from the 'New Blue' that is listed on this forum under 'Chemistry'.

Two stunning displays. I wouldn't like the task of choosing between them.
Even when I'm wrong, I'm convincing.
xanbond

Post by xanbond »

Maltese pyro here.

Regarding does two shows and judge reasoning for why they chose that winner is due to that while St Andrews synchronization and and the quality and array of colors was spectacular. Given that the judges where foreigners, they where more impressed with the large shells with effects such as spiral movements and 10" Kamuros and even larger shells.

I am not taking anything away from St Andrews display, hell if it where up to me I would probably had them picked to win it with does spectacular colors . But my reasoning is that foreign judges are more impressed with large shells than other aspects such as synchronization , for the simple reason they see synchronization displays far more than they see shells as large as that.

For anyone wondering we dont have any diameter restrictions on shells.