PGI 2016 - 64 Rockets from the Rocket Master - Tom R

Share Videos and Images here!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Boophoenix

Re: PGI 2016 - 64 Rockets from the Rocket Master - Tom R

Post by Boophoenix »

What a spectacular showing. Videos don't do Tom's works justice. I had the honor of spending an hour or two with him during a tailgate seminar prior to the firing of these.

The two things were certainly the highlight of my PGI adventure.
biffo

Post by biffo »

Fantastic rockets always lovely to watch,Tom must have been pissed off to see he mixed up a blue and a violet star though. B
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

Biffo, that was planned. He was testing the burn duration and color between phenolic resin and red gum I believe it was. The oddball colored stars indicated which side was what. He requested input from the spectators as well as his own thoughts.
biffo

Post by biffo »

Boo I should have known a perfectionist like him wouldn't have mixed up his stars. B
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

The iPad will only let me edit so far down sorry for the over size.

The first is one of Toms cap plug reports shells and the second are pumped stars ( the one that can be seen a little in the photo is from an insert used to keep the stars in place since these are show and tell shells he takes to events ) . He tricked me on one not shown in these images with some square stars I thought may have been cut, but they were pumped as well.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

No problems with the pictures Boo at least your creating input nice job!
Boophoenix

Post by Boophoenix »

I marveled at his artistry. I'll check with him and see if he minds me posting few more if anyone is interested? If he doesn't I'll work to get them resized to fit better for a better viewing.

I'm thinking about giving one of these a try for an event next month if I can get time to sort the details out. It'll be my first public rocket since I've only ever made about a dozen and my third shell ( second solo shell build ) also my first canister shell, lol.