Learn safety first.

Safety First! Precautions/procedures and equipment.

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Nightsun

Learn safety first.

Post by Nightsun »

:D I think that safety in pyrotechnics is a huge part of it and is overlooked by too many. A large part of safety lies in the effect of mixing compositions that are unstable and can cause accidents. Before I started, I read everything I could on chemicals and their stability and dangers. It took me 2 years of reading before I made my first firework and I am glad I did. Everybody has seen the online people that scare me to death with their videos. Because they have mixed chlorates with sulphur and not had an event means they have been lucky. Read everything and continue to read. Do not rely on online ' tutorials '. They are mostly spurious and cannot be relied on and a lot of the time downright dangerous. Listen to people that know more than you and more than everything - be safe. If this message is in the wrong place, apologies as I am rubbish at computers.
' I regard the earth as a courageous global experiment that failed ' QUENTIN CRISP
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Re: Learn safety first.

Post by Pyro-Gear »

No you are in the right place; very soon we will have an archive section I mailed Bill Ofca and asked for permission to use his safety guide on the forum hopefully he will ok with that, never the less for now you will have to put up with myself and the moderators, the moderators were picked for the knowledge they have gained in their professional career the one talking to you now holds a NBOSH.
It’s early days and lots of work to do but we will get there.