Pyro-gear rocket tools

Black powder or Whistle let’s talk rockets!

Moderators: richardh08, Boophoenix, Lloyd

Andibates

Pyro-gear rocket tools

Post by Andibates »

Hi All

i made my first few 10mm and 15mm rockets i made them with diffrent amounts of bp increments while i was ramming them and diffrent amounts of bentonite clay for the nozels
all of them flew perfectly some launched quicker than the others but all of them went to a good hight
I am going to try them with some heading this week end when i launch them i will post a video

if anyone is looking for rocket tooling i cant recomend the ones that i bought from Ken at Pyro-gear

Ken said in a previous post that it would be very hard to C.A.T.O a rocket using the tools that he sells

Andi

edit should have said
if anyone is looking for rocket tooling i can highly recomend the ones that i bought from Ken at Pyro-gear
Last edited by Andibates on Sat Apr 16, 2016 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Pyrotechnician If you see me running TRY and keep UP !!
Lloyd

Re: Pyro-gear rocket tools

Post by Lloyd »

"if anyone is looking for rocket tooling i cant recomend the ones that i bought from Ken at Pyro-gear"
-----------------
REALLY? They were THAT bad? Have you told him how bad they were? He's usually pretty good about making things right!
<G>(are you SURE you meant that?)

LLoyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"
Tyvole

Post by Tyvole »

Andibates wrote:Ken said in a previous post that it would be very hard to C.A.T.O a rocket using the tools that he sells
He he. I managed it quite easily with my homemade 75:15:10 in the 10mm. Had to tone it down with extra charcoal...
(Sorry,Ken!)
"If you don't learn anything, what's the point?"
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

The hard to CATO tooling was a limited edition I made a year back or so, this little 10mm set ran 60mm long tubes and was designed to run on very hot BP or whistle mix.

The tooling you have Andy was designed to run on screened mix, both sets of tooling run skinny spindles the idea being that you don’t need to have a ball mill to make a successful rocket.

Tyvole I have seen your BP in action it was no wonder you ended up with an M80 on a stick :o
Andibates

Post by Andibates »

Lloyd wrote:"if anyone is looking for rocket tooling i cant recomend the ones that i bought from Ken at Pyro-gear"
-----------------
REALLY? They were THAT bad? Have you told him how bad they were? He's usually pretty good about making things right!
<G>(are you SURE you meant that?)

LLoyd
no thats not what i ment at all dam auto correct
Pyro-Gear
Site Admin

Post by Pyro-Gear »

Andy don’t worry about it we all know what you meant Lloyd is an astute moderator and he caught me out on that post.
Andibates

Post by Andibates »

lol but it is best to clear things up
Lloyd

Post by Lloyd »

Heh! I knew what you meant, too.... but... <G>

LLoyd
"Pyro for Fun and Profit for More Than Sixty Years"